South of the Border Pork Chops
- 6 boneless pork chops (1/2" thick)
- 2 t. vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 c. uncooked long grain rice
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1/2 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
Brown pork chops in oil in a large skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, in a greased lasagna pan, combine rice, water, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning. Mix well. Arrange chops over rice and top with green pepper. Cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours at 350 degrees. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese; return to oven until cheese is melted.
Another one of Troy's favorite recipes! This is a great meal to fix with a nice big salad.